.We now have Khaki Campbell Duck Eggs for sale at the Rabbit Ranch.
The Khaki Campbell is one of the more famous and popular duck breeds due to its egg production. It was introduced in 1901 by Mrs. Adele Campbell of Gloucestershire, England. She experimented with Runners crossed with Rouen and Mallards but never revealed the exact genetic make up of her Campbells. The advantage over the pure Runner was a more useful carcass for meat and improved egg production Though they have been turned into an exhibition type breed, she was adamant that her birds were designed for production, not the exhibition hall.
Once the "Khaki" was attached to the "Campbell", the breed gained even more popularity. The Khaki Campbell gained even more renown due to the egg laying contests where it averaged up to 39 more eggs in 365 days while another laid one egg a day for 225 straight days.
Our ducks have been Animal Welfare Approved since summer of 2016. The Animal Welfare Approved audits, certifies and supports farmers raising their animals according to the highest welfare standards, outdoors on pasture or range. Look for the label on eggs, dairy, meat and fiber. When you can't visit the farm, you can trust AWA to be the eyes and ears of the conscientious consumer.
Duck eggs vs Chicken eggs -
Farm Fresh eggs with a rich smooth orange yolk whether Chicken eggs or Duck eggs will surprise you if you have only experience the colorless and flavorless supermarket versions. What most people do not know is that Duck eggs are far superior to Chicken eggs with the same taste and richer smoother consistency yet better than a chicken egg in many ways.
1. Duck eggs have a twice the nutritional value of a chicken egg and stay fresher longer due to their thicker shell.
2. Duck eggs are richer with more Albumen making cakes and pastries fluffier and richer.
3. Duck eggs have more Omega 3 fatty acids.. something you can actually see in the salted pickled eggs the Chinese love to eat. Omega 3 is thought to improve everything from Brain health to healthy skin.
4. Duck eggs are an Alkaline producing food, one of the few foods that leave your body more alkaline which is a great benefit to cancer patients as cancer cells do not thrive in an alkaline environment. Chicken eggs are an acid food leaving your body more acid.
5.Egg Allergy Substitutes - One health benefit with duck eggs is that most people who are allergic to chicken eggs are able to each duck eggs without an allergic reactions.
6. The vitamin content in duck eggs are similar to chicken eggs but has a higher amount of each one of them, which includes thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B12 and retinol.
7. Because of their bigger richer yolk duck eggs will have about 3.68 gm of saturated fat, compared to 3.1 gm of chicken eggs. The mono unsaturated fat content is about 50% more in duck eggs as against chicken eggs.